Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Ménage à trois artistique - Klimt in Hundertwasserland

"Klimt in Hundertwasserland"

So this all started with me wanting to make something for the Klimt challenge at the Trodden Path. I was very short in time, because at the moment it is schoolholidays and I teach art classes for kids everyday both am and pm, so not much art-time for me these 2 weeks really. I was also reading up on some art history and techniques and stumbled onto Friedensreich Hundertwasser (again)
Of course I had heard of him before, because this Austrian artist moved to New Zealand and made the (world-famous-in NZ ?) toilets in Kawakawa that came in the news just recently, because they need repair work. Well Hundertwasser was inspired by Klimt and since I now am inspired by both these men, I call this drawing my "ménage à trois artistique" ( loosely translated : artistic household of three ) - The golden robe unfortunately does not show as well on the photo -

5 comments:

Glycérine said...

love them and you.. soo wonderful work :)

Terri Corona said...

I LOVE it!! Everything about it, I can't really articulate what specifically I love so much, but I do...

Anniek said...

Love your menage a trois!! I also like the work of Klimt and Hundertwasser.

Cameron said...

Those trees are so funky fun! The whole piece is really wonderful :)

HaJee said...

dit is ook weer heel mooi, anders , maar vrolijk van kleur en apart, geweldig !!!! xoxox