Thursday, July 04, 2013

Warm fuzzies

One of the projects we made at the school
the bunch of letters, treasures each and everyone !
 So apart from teaching 4 kids art classes a week at the moment (which is very exciting, because their art is going to be exhibited in a little over a week, eeeeeeeee!) I also helped out at the local Primary School for the last 6 weeks. We had so much fun and made 3 different projects (will post some more pics on my school site HERE soon) Now just helping and seeing these kids enjoy art is enough for me, but then I got this surprise. I received a bulging envelope with all their thank you letters inside. Every single one thanking me for the confidence I gave them creating and that they never knew they could be this good and some now want to become an artist when they grow up. This just gave me warm fuzzies allover. 'cause that's what it's all about for me that I can inspire them and that they will say " because of you I didn't give up" I am Artist of the Month at Community Thrive (an artist community where some exciting things are about to happen as well...and I'll be a little part in that too, woohoooo !) and in the interview there I speak about being this inspiration for others as well. If you have a moment you can follow all the links I have put in this post. 
But above all else : Keep making Art !!!!!!

No comments: